Today we presented in class what we have so far for our project. Right now we only have the 3 modes set for Mercury. And some functionality for Jupiter as well.
It was pretty nice though. Everyone seemed pretty impressed with what we had. We do need to make sure that when on the different modes the planets are not visible anymore as well as being able to go from mid-view to on-planet-view. (Right now we have each from Solar-system-view)
Some of the other feedback we got was about the tokens. Right now you can’t really tell which planet is which until you put it on the surface… but that’s just because we haven’t finished out tokens yet. We still have to paint them!
For the things we need to focus on:
– playing some more with positioning. Our heights seem to be off by a bit, so when the planet locks on to the ring from above of below, it doesn’t really do it right.
– implementing this for the rest of the planets
– finding content for 3 planets that we will be focusing on.
The 3 planets we decided to focus on are Mercury(because we’re doing all of our testing with it), Mars, and Jupiter. We were thinking it would be cool to have some kind of video or something for when you try to “land on a gas planet” (because they have no solid core… so you wouldn’t be able to land on them….) so it would automatically take you back to the mid-view. We’ll save this for later though.
To finalize: When I first saw this, I was kind of scared. And Jupiter is one of my favorite planets! –> Click!